Shumanet-100Hydro represents a blanket having a synthetic fibrous basis covered with a bitumen-polymeric binder. A special sound-proofing material with high degree of protection against impact noise is applied on the external side. Shumanet-100Hydro efficiently provides integrated sound- and water-proofing of premises. Used in sound-proofing floors of floating type.
Shumanet-100Hydro (previously AcuflexSUper) is one of the Acoustic Group developments that solves two tasks: sound- and water-proofing of floating floors. An external side represents a bitumen water-proofing material on a glass fiber basis with a layer of sound-proofing material. The material is manufactured in rolls 10m long. Joints between Shumanet-100Hydro stripes are sealed by local heating and require no additional materials.
Shumanet-100Hydro is used in floating floors to reduce the impact noise level and provide water-proofing. The material corresponds to sanitary and construction standards.
A synthetic fiber basis is treated with a mixture of a bitumen-polymeric binder on two sides one of which is glued to a sound-proofing layer made of polyether fibers. To avoid layers sticking in the roll, the bitumen layer surface is applied with a polymeric film. To make the material elastic, special additives based on styrene-butadiene are introduced into the bitumen mixture.
A higher price of Shumanet-100Hydro as compared to regular Acuflex is associated with the water-proofing layer.
- Polyether fiber with reinforced polymeric-bitumen membrane;
- Double-purpose material: sound and waterproofing;
- Impact noise reduction index 24 dB.
Roll width: 1 m.
Roll length: 10 m.
Thikness: 5 mm
Roll weight: 34 kg.
Physical and technical characteristics
- Impact noise reduction index, ΔLn,w under screed 100 kg/m2: 24dB
- Dynamic rigidity factor with the load of 2 kPa: no more than 80 MN/m3
- Breaking force under tension: no less than 270 N
- Water resistance under pressure at least 0,2 MPa during 2 h: absolute
- Water absorbance during 24 h: no more than 2%;
- Heat resistance: no less than +85°С
Before unrolling Shumanet-100Hydro leaf, carefully sweep floor surface in order to prevent construction waste from going between the foundation and material leaves.
- Shumanet-100Hydro is unrolled and cut according to desired sizes so as to cover the floor area completely and to provide the elevation of material onto walls or columns.
- Bituminous surface of material should face upwards, the edges should overlap. For this purpose, each roll has an overlap of bituminous waterproofing layer about 100 mm wide from one side. Furthermore, material edges must be placed on walls or columns above the screed level to avoid rigid contact between the screed and other structures of the building. If necessary, the material is secured with a bitumen self-gluing band or the bitumen overlap is fixed on the wall using a construction drier to prevent shifting when arranging the screed. Joints between material sheets are also glued by softening bitumen using a construction blow drier. After the screed is arranged, the edge of Shumanet-100Hydro is left on the wall (column), 100mm high.
- In places of door openings, corners, pipe outlets, internal utilities and other infrastructure elements, such elements should be wrapped (bypassed) by Shumanet-100Hydro. The Shumanet-100Hydro material is wrapped around an outstanding element along the upper edge with a bitumen self-glued band or using a construction drier.
- After interlining Shumante-100Hydro has been laid, a 60mm thick cement and sand screed is constructed using M-300 sand-concrete or commercial concrete.
- When the screed is arranged, it must be reinforced with metallic mesh with the mesh size of 50 х 50 mm and a rod diameter of 4 mm. The mesh must be located in the screed layer not less than 20 mm from its lower level and not higher than the screed’s middle line. The mesh shall be placed with the joint overlapping of 100 mm, and joints are bound with a lacing wire every 200 mm.
- The solution surface is leveled using a plank. In case of large floor surface area, the leveling screed is made with segments up to 30 m2 with expansion joints.